Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Travel - Virtual and Not So Virtual

Even after a crazy week in Las Vegas I feel like a virtual road trip because I'm constantly seeking summer, and it's not really warm yet in LA.
I'm not sure where I would want to go first...
Certainly visiting Jill at her El Paso abode on a night when she's cooking would be high on my list of places to go
along with visiting Ruth at her wild Wales country "cottage" with animals run amok...as long as she wouldn't make me drink Jack Daniels and chase after her chickens.


Now on the topic of not so virtual travel,
how did the parents of Abby Sunderland allow her to attempt to sail around the world ALONE at the age of 16? Now she is feared to be lost at sea.
I don't even want my adult children to walk alone in downtown LA after dark.
What is wrong with these parents?